28 abril 2006

sem palavras


“_ A drinking lunch on a school day. What a nice surprise.
_ (...)
_ Are you worried about tomorrow night?
_ Not really.
_ Are you going to talk to me, or shall I get my paper out?
_ I'm going to talk to you.
_ Right.
_ (...)
_ What are you going to talk to me about?
_ I'm going to talk to you about whether you want to get married or not. To me.­
_ Ha ha ha. Hoo hoo hoo.
_ I mean it.
_ I know.
_ Oh, well thanks a fucking bunch.
_ I'm sorry. But two days ago you were in love with that girl who interviewed you for The Reader, weren't you?
_ Not in love, exactly, but...
_ Well forgive me if I don't think of you as the world's safest bet.
_ Would you marry me if I was?
_ No. Probably not.
_ Right. Okay, then. Shall we go?
_ Don't sulk. What brought all this on?
_ I don't know.
_ Very persuasive.
_ Are you persuadable?
_ No. I don't think so. I'm just curious about how one goes from making tapes for one person to marriage proposals to another in two days. Fair enough?
_ Fair enough.
_ So?
_ I'm just sick of thinking about it all the time.
_ About what?
_ This stuff. Love and marriage. I want to think about something else.
_ I've changed my mind. That's the most romantic thing I've ever heard. I do. I will.
_ Shut up. I'm only trying to explain.
_ I mean, maybe you're right. But were you really expecting me to say yes?
_ I dunno. Didn't think about it, really. It was the asking that was the important thing.
_ Well, you've asked. Thank you.”

Leve como deve ser. E livre pra pensar em um milhão de coisas.

Um comentário:

rumblefish74 disse...

Ótimo diálogo. Foi você que bolou? Obrigado pelo elogio. Vou continuar falando de cinema, aceito sugestões. Apareça sempre. Você conhece a Carol?